- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme (if available)
- 1/2 cup of black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup warm water, approximately
- In a pan, fry onions with the olive oil. Keep stirring until it wilts and becomes translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, and the dried herbs. Remove from the heat and set it on the side.
- In a small bowl, add the yeast and sugar and mix in about a quarter cup warm water. Leave the mix until the yeast double in size and until bubbles appear on the surface.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and make a hole in the center. Add in all the rest of the ingredients including the tomato mixture. Knead until you have a homogeneous and smooth texture dough, then leave to rest for about half an hour or until it doubles in size.
Note: The face of the dough must be greased with oil and wrapped well and left in a warm place.
- Form the dough as desired, either in a round loaf or small loaves, sprinkle the face of the loaf with flour. Using the tip of a sharp knife, make lines on the face of the dough then repackage it and leave again to rest until it doubles its size.
- Bake the tray in a preheated oven on high heat for five minutes. Reduce the heat to medium for twenty minutes or until the loaf becomes golden in color.
- Leave the loaf until slightly cooled then serve! Bon appetite!